My 2012 Christmas Mission:
Instead of purchasing gifts for all my friends and family members which may never be used, I thought it would be more special to make donations to charities that I support.
1. $300 to charity:water (matched by Google)
2. $100 to Milk Pail Oats Drive
3. $150 – Adopt-A-Teacher – East Palo Alto
4. $50 to Second Harvest – Mt. View Food Drive (matched by Google)
5. $50 of Clothes to Mt. View Hope Services.
$1,000 Total Raised
What does this mean:
- 6 Families (26 people) in Ethiopia will have access to clean water. 100% of these donations go to people in need in Africa to develop and sustain water systems. Check out my personal page here.
- $100 of Oats provides 200 pounds of Oatmeal. That’s 4,732 breakfasts to the homeless and hungry! (see full details here)
- We’re supplying a local teacher working in the poorest neighborhoods with supplies and necessities so she can give these children Christmas parties and special gifts.
- This $50 helps Second Harvest to provide 100 meals to those in Northern California. This gift connects hungry children, families, and seniors to nutritious food in the neighborhoods where they live, learn, and work.
- Hope Services’ mission is to assist individuals with developmental disabilities to live and participate in their communities.
Earlier in the year:
- Raised $1,232 to support suicide awareness and outreach in the SF Overnight
- Purchased 20 pizzas to FreedomInChrist – Homeless Shelter in three separate locations. That’s means 720 slices of pizza for the homeless of San Francisco.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.
Leave a Reply